Tsylos Park Lodge & Adventures
P.O. Box 2560, Williams Lake,
British Columbia, Canada V2G 4P2
toll free: 1.800.487.9567
Tips for Your Tsylos Trip
We want you to have a great experience here at Tsylos and to help you prepare for your adventure, we've put together some tips and important information for you.
Important Tsylos Phone Numbers
Toll Free: 1-800-487-9567
Lodge Radio Phone: 1-250-481-0052
The months of May, June and September are usually warm during the daytime, but can get cool in the evenings. During July and August you can expect temperatures in the low 70's to mid 90's Fahrenheit, (18 to 30 oC). For more information, visit our seasons page.
Recommended for Everyone
- Camera, Film & Batteries
- Flashlight & extra batteries
- Sunscreen & Bug spray
- Moisturizing Cream
- Raincoat & Windbreaker
- Jeans or comfortable pants
- Shorts or Swim Suit (for the hot tub)
- Warm Jacket & Sweater
River Fly Fishing
- Chest Waders
- Felt Soled Boots
- Wading Stick (optional)
- Fly Rod - avg. 5/6 wt.
- Dry Line, Fast Sinking Wet Line
- Recommended flies (Back Page)
- Lucky HatFly Vest (Floating for Safety)
- Due to the diversity of the fly fishing opportunities on Chilko River, Chilko Lake, and Tsuniah Lake, a variety of Fly Fishing Gear is recommended. Overall a 9 to 9_ foot fly rod is the best choice. A # 6 or #5 weight is good for Chilko River and Tsuniah Lake, but a #6 or #7 weight is preferable for wet fly fishing on Chilko Lake. We keep extra rods & reels at the lodge.
- Fly-Line and Leader
- Double tapered Dry Lines with 9 ft.long 2X or 3X leaders are best for dry fly fishing on the Chilko River.For fishing the creek mouths on Chilko Lake you will need a very fast sinking line with 5 ft.2X leaders
- Waders and Float Tubes
- For wading the river we suggest neoprene or breathable chest waders. Shoes should have felt soles. Cleats are not necessary. We have float tubes and flippers available for our guests to use.
- A list will be sent to you with your confirmation/invoice in the mail. If you need this list again or would like to talk about flies, just email or call us and we will help you out.
- Riding Gloves
- Two pairs of riding pants or jeans
- Riding boots
- Wide brimmed hat
- Water bottle
- Riding chaps
- Rain suit – Pants and Jacket
Mountain Pack Trip
- Bio-degradable soap, shampoo & toothpaste
- Sleeping bag ( extra warm)
- Light long underwear
- Towel and toiletries
- Rubber riding boots for wet ground and rain
- Riding Boots
- Rain suit – pants and jacket
- Pocket knife & flashlight
- Extra camera film
- Cowboy Hat
- Riding Chaps (we also supply)
- 1 Water Bottle
Our Scheduled Flight Times
- Flights are on Sundays
- Vancouver to Chilko will depart at 9:30 AM and will arrive 11:00 AM
- Chilko to Vancouver will depart before 11:30 AM and will arrive before 2:00 PM
- No connecting flights prior to 3:30 pm from Vancouver!
All arrival and departure times may vary due to weather conditions. Other air charter companies maybe used at our discretion. The flight time is approximately one hour with a vehicle transfer of 1.1/2 hours.
The Airline Company
We use Northern Thunderbird for our scheduled flights between Vancouver and Tsylos. We make airline reservations. Tickets are not necessary as the airline has list of names.
Where to Catch the Plane
Esso Avitat Building, Address: 5360 Airport Road South. It is about a 10 minute taxi ride from the Vancouver International Airport. When you arrive at the lounge in the Esso Avitat Building the pilots will meet you there. They will arrive around 9:00 am to start loading the plane.
Baggage is limited to 45 lbs (15 kg) per person. Soft luggage is preferred.
Private Landing Strip
Our own private 3200 foot, well packed, gravel landing strip for guests with private aircraft. The Strip is located 2 minutes from the lodge. Unicom 122.8 .
For more information on getting here, visit our Locations & Getting Here page
Overnights in Vancouver–Also see Hotels in Vancouver
Delta Hotel: Ask for the "Big Catch Rate"
Call toll free to Super Natural British Columbia Reservation information for Vancouver: 1-800-683-9000