This 7-night hunt takes place from the comforts of the lodge and we take day trips on foot or by horseback to prime bird habitat. Dogs are rarely used. We have Spruce, Franklin, Ruffed, Sharp-tailed and Ptarmigan.
We frequently hunt grouse in combination with other hunts as well as offering a "Cast & Blast" vacation, where you can experience a combination of world-class fly fishing on the Chilko River and Upland Bird Hunting.
- Round-trip flight from Vancouver to Tsylos Park Lodge
- Professional guides, quality (not frozen!) meals, tents & mattress pads
- Well-equipped camps (first aid kits, emergency radio phone, etc)
- Guide territory travel by boat, horse, or vehicle
- Field preparation
- Preservation of capes & trophies
- 6% HST Tax (12% for Canadians)
- Cost of licenses ($180 CAD), tags, or fees
- Firearms & ammunition
- Transporation of meat & hides (to and from Chilko Lake)
- Expenses before/after hunt
- Shipping of trophies or meat
- Sleeping bags or personal belongings
- Alcoholic beverages and gratuities.