Fly Fishing In Canada Chilko RIver
Fly fishing in Canada is an experience you won’t soon forget. Uncrowded, quiet, peaceful and remarkably beautiful – we love to watch the awe on our visitors faces as they take it all in for the first time.
Canadian fly fishing lodges our Tsylos Park Lodge offer you beautiful river and lake fishing for wild rainbow trout. All in crystal clear waters, surrounded by mountain peaks, and diverse wildlife.
Fly fishing in Canada at Tsylos Park Lodge and the Chilko area facts:
- Chilko River and Lake are located 180 air miles north of Vancouver, British Columbia, at the division between the Coast Mountains and the Chilcotin Plateau, where the Chilko River winds its way north east and joins the Fraser River. The glaciers of the Coast Mountains feed the Chilko waters and act as a natural filtration system for the Chilko River, keeping its waters crystal clean during the season, letting you bask in one of the most beautiful corners of the Canadian wilderness.
- Tsylos Lodge is located at the gateway to Ts’il-os Provincial Park, which encompasses over 230,000 hectares of stunning land – mountains, lakes and meadows, ensuring the pristine beauty of this area lasts forever. Canadian fly fishing lodges don’t get much better than this!
- Our Canadian fly fishing lodge is located on the Chilko River which is one of the largest salmon producing rivers in British Columbia, during the fall season when the salmon come into spawn, it attracts wildlife from the plateau as well as the coast mountains to feed on the returning salmon. This is a spectacular time of year to experience natures renewal and a pristine ecosystem. We don’t fish for salmon but it’s worth noting since it creates the incredible grizzly bear photography experience. The river turns red with spawning salmon and grizzlies, black bears and eagles are out in abundance to enjoy a fresh catch. This is our prime time for our Grizzly Bear Photography Trips which start mid-September and go through October.
- Chilko means “The land of the blue waters”
- If you thinking of visiting our fly fishing lodge, July and August are the prime dry fly fishing season.
- The area is especially beautiful during Indian Summer in September and October.